21 Day Fast
January 6, 2019- January 26, 2019
As a Church on the Rock family, we want to dedicate this year to the Lord by fasting, praying and positioning ourselves to hear His plans for our lives, our family and our church. For 21 days we will consecrate ourselves as we outwardly express to God beyond mere words that we need Him more that anything.
Biblical fasting takes a lot of discipline and strength; strength that you can only receive from God. When we give God our first through fasting and praying at the beginning of the year, we acknowledge our dependence on the Lord and desire to gain spiritual strength through reliance on the Holy Spirit and God’s word.
Questions to ask yourself regarding the need to fast:
- Are you in need of healing or a miracle?
- Do you need the tender touch of God in your life?
- Is there a dream inside you that only He can make possible?
- Are you in need of a fresh encounter?
- Do you desire a deeper, more intimate and powerful relationship with the Lord?
- Are you ready to have heightened sensitivity to the desires of God?
- Do you need to break away from bondages that have been holding you hostage?
- Is there a friend or loved one that needs salvation?
- Do you desire to know God’s will for your life?
Options for the first fast of 2019
- No food sun up -to- Sun down: Abstaining from eating and drinking (except water) from sun up to sun down each day and making time to seek God’s heart for your 2019.
- Daniel Fast: A vegan diet with slightly more restrictions: only fruits, vegetables and water; no artificial ingredients or sweeteners of any kind.
- Technology and Television: Refrain from social media and watching tv and or NetFlix etc with exception of recommended youversion bible app.
Scripture References for Fasting:
Matthew 6:16-18; Matthew 9:14-15; Luke 18:9-14
Relation to Prayer and Reading of the Word:
1 Samuel 1:6-8; 17-18, Nehemiah 1:4, Daniel 9:3-20, Joel 2:12, Luke 2:37, Acts 10:30, Acts 13:2
1 Samuel 7:5-6, Ezra 8:21-23, Nehemiah 9:1-3, Joel 2:15-16, Jonah 3:5-10, Acts 27:33-37
You Version Bible App:
You version fasting resources and devotionals: Bible in one-year, New Year Mercies, 21 Day Fast, Awakening