how to get involved!
BECOME A MEMBER
1. Attend a New Member Interest Meeting
The Interest Meeting is where the Membership Process all begins. We’ll ask you to share with us how you came to find us at Church on the Rock-New Haven.
We will also explain our basic theological perspective, tell you about our mission and vision, and begin the process of getting to know you, as you get to know us.
2. Attend a very casual meeting with our Senior Pastor and his wife.
It’s NOT an interview. It’s a very friendly conversation. We just want to know some of your personal story. We also desire to share ours with you and answer any questions that you may have.
Our objective is to let you know that we are all too human. We are not some “talking heads” who hide behind a pulpit. We are real people with real issues and we want you to know that we genuinely care about you and yours! We’ll conclude the meeting by praying for you and asking God to fulfill His purpose for bringing you to join our community.
join a ministry
If you desire to serve within any of our Up-Reach or Outreach ministries, please follow the steps below:
1. Become a member by attending new members orientation and meeting with the Lead Pastors.
2. Complete the Church on the Rock Ministry Application.
3. Meet with the Head of the Ministry.
4. Upon approval, you will be welcomed into that specific ministry.
If you desire to serve within any of the In-Reach ministries, please follow the steps below:
1. Follow steps 1 through 3 above
2. Upon approval, you will be required to attend and complete a 4-week Ministry Training Course.
3. After the completion of the course, you will be certified to serve within all In-Reach Ministries.
“For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.” Romans 12:4-5
Church on the Rock Elevation Groups are small groups designed to develop deep rooted relationships with God and one another. Our desire is that you will be engaged in a biblical community that helps you become more like Jesus in every area of your life.
Elevation Groups are an integral part of “being’ the church. Like iron sharpening iron, the relationships we form within our groups are essential to our growth as Christians.